B+W 55mm F-Pro No.8 Yellow (022) MRC Filter
- #8 Filter for Enhanced B&W Contrast
- 2x Filter Factor, +1 Stop
- 55mm Front Filter Threads
- MRC Multi-Resistant Coating
- Schott Glass Construction
- Brass Filter Ring
- Plastic Case
The B+W 55mm #8 Yellow (022) MRC Filter is a basic contrast filter, primarily for use with black and white film. This medium yellow filter slightly darkens skies, helps to cut through haze, and improves overall contrast. It is the most common contrast filter for black and white photography, producing an accurate tonal range and compensating for the blue sensitivity of panchromatic film. There is a 2x filter factor with this filter, requiring an increase of 1 stop for normal exposure.
The Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) is both an anti-reflection coating as well as a protective surface. It helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, it offers greater protection to the filter substrate and stays cleaner for longer than uncoated filters.
B+W filters are constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Yellow contrast filter for black and white film subtly darkens skies, cuts through haze, and gives greater contrast overall.
- Produces accurate tones in order to compensate for panchromatic film's blue sensitivity.
- Multi-Resistant Coating offers both protection to the glass and helps to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- Dual threading with 55mm front filter threads permits combining with other filters.
- A plastic case is included for storage and transport.