The Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens is a wide-angle zoom lens designed specifically for EOS APS-C DSLRs, where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 16-28.8mm. The optical design incorporates one aspherical element, one UD (Ultra-low dispersion) element, and one large-diameter element to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and contribute to notable image sharpness and clarity. Enhanced lens coatings have also been applied to lens elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for maintained image contrast and color neutrality.
Canon 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 EF-S IS STM Lens
- EF-S Mount Lens
- 16-28.8mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4.5-5.6 to f/22-29
- One UD Element & One Aspherical Element
- Enhanced Lens Coatings
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- STM Stepping Motor for Quiet AF
- Four-Group Optical Zoom System
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- Seven-Blade Circular Aperture
Benefitting working in difficult lighting conditions, an Optical Image Stabilizer has been integrated into the lens design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to an effective four shutter speed steps. Pairing well with Canon’s EOS Movie Servo AF, an STM stepping AF motor produces smooth, near-silent focusing performance that is further benefitted by a rear-focus design, high-speed CPU, and intelligent AF algorithms for quickened focusing. Full-time manual focus override can also be utilized for fine-tuned focusing precision as closely as 8.7″.
- Wide-angle zoom lens specifically designed for APS-C-sized sensors provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 16-28.8mm.
- Four-group optical zoom system helps to realize a compact, lightweight form factor.
- One UD element, one aspherical element, and one large-diameter element have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range.
- Enhanced lens coatings have been applied to lens surfaces to reduce flare and ghosting for maintained image contrast and color fidelity.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops for improved usability in difficult lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by a rear focus system, advanced AF algorithms, and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance.
- Full-time manual focus permits critical focusing precision, even in AF mode.
- A seven-blade circular diaphragm helps to produces an aesthetic out-of-focus quality.