Designed to suit a wide range of content creators ranging from solo YouTubers to small video crews, the Deity BP-TRX is a flexible microphone recorder and wireless transmitter/receiver with timecode input and output capabilities. The compact, metal unit records to a microSD card, allowing it to be used as a standalone pocket audio recorder. In addition, you can pair it with additional BP-TRX units or a DUO-RX (both available separately) as part of a remote-controllable, camera-mountable, or bag-suitable digital wireless microphone system—with backup recording capabilities if RF interference is encountered.
The compact BP-TRX easily clips to talent via a removable belt clip and features a locking 3.5mm input connector to accommodate the supplied omnidirectional lavalier microphone; a foam windscreen and lapel clip are also included. Input gain is adjustable from -12 to +36 dB, while the Guard Rail Analog Limiter keeps the signal from clipping and distorting if the source gets too loud—letting you place the recorder in the talent’s pocket without worrying about sudden level changes. The unit records audio at a 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution to a microSD card (available separately) with a maximum capacity of up to 128GB.
The BP-TRX can be used as a digital wireless transmitter in the 2.4 GHz spectrum at a range of up to 328′ and paired with up to four additional BP-TRX units or a DUO-RX on the receiving side. To record from a BP-TRX in receiver mode, connect its locking 3.5mm output to your camera’s 3.5mm input using the included coiled cable. The unit can record to the microSD card while transmitting, giving you a clean audio take if there is interference in the wireless transmission.
The transceiver design allows for a wide variety of uses, including IEM and camera-hopping applications. What’s more, it enables remote control over numerous parameters on the transmitter, including input levels, low-cut filter settings, and RF output adjustments, all remotely from the receiver. You can even engage the onboard recording feature remotely without interrupting a take.
The onboard SMPTE timecode generator also outputs to the 3.5mm connector, allowing you to use it as a master clock for additional BP-TRX units and other devices that support timecode. A timecode sync and audio cable is included that lets you record both signals to an external device. The unit jam-syncs to incoming code via the same locking 3.5mm input used for the microphone.
Power is supplied by a built-in rechargeable battery, and the unit operates for up to 12 hours when used in transmitter or receiver modes, up to 21 hours in record mode, and up to 25 hours as a timecode-only box. The USB Type-C charging port also functions as a stereo audio interface for Mac and Windows computers. A charging cable and removable 1/4-wave antenna are included.
A Compact Pocket Audio Recorder with Lav Mic & Input Limiting
- Records 24-bit / 48 kHz audio to a microSD with a capacity of up to 128GB (available separately)
- Omnidirectional lavalier microphone included with a foam windscreen and lapel clip
- Sennheiser-standard locking 3.5mm TRS input for compatibility with popular lavalier microphones such as the Sanken COS-11D, DPA CORE Series, Sennheiser ME 2-II, Deity W.Lav Pro, and others
- Accepts mic- or line-level signals
- Guard Rail Analog Limiter reduces clipping and overloads at the input stage
- Selectable stereo line-level input mode
- -12 to +36 dB input adjustment
- Compact size with durable brushed-aluminium housing for durability
- Removable belt clip with 1/4″-20 thread underneath for camera mounting when used as a receiver
- Daylight-bright, high-resolution OLED screen shows statuses of all major features and real-time VU metering on the home screen
- Off / 20 / 200 Hz low-cut filter settings
- Off / +1dB to +10dB high-frequency boost at 7 kHz for added clarity and presence
- Screen and button lock to avoid accidents
Expands to a 2.4 GHz Wireless System with Back-Up Recording
- Pair with up to four BP-TRX units as receivers or a DUO-RX dual-channel receiver (both available separately) to create a wireless audio system with a maximum range of 328′
- Back-up recording during transmission eliminates lost takes due to wireless interference
- Remote control of many transmitter functions from BP-TRX or DUO-RX receiver
- Use for camera-hop or IEM applications
- Proprietary encryption for secure transmission
- Internal antenna and a removable external antenna with SMA connector to ensure reliable wireless performance
- Auto/manual RF power output adjustment from 10 to 100mW
- Automatic RF power mode increases battery life by never using more power than the system needs
- Adjustable output level from -45 dB to +24 dB for compatibility with a wide range of cameras
- Assignable unique user ID
- Compatible with Deity Connect wireless systems
Timecode Input and Output for Video Creators
- Timecode support makes it easy to sync sound and video
- Sync multiple devices to the BP-TRX’s timecode generator via the 3.5mm output
- Jam-sync to incoming timecode via the mic input
- Timecode frame rates: 23.976ND, 24ND, 25ND, 29.97ND, 29.97D, 30ND, 30D
- With its 0.2ppm accuracy, the BP-TRX will only drift 1 frame every 24 hours
- Frames-per-second metadata added to audio file
- Timecode Run-Keeper: When using Timecode Free Run, this feature keeps accurate timecode for 6 hours after the unit is powered off
- When recording is done, simply drop the synced audio and video into your editing system for post production