Designed to suit a wide range of content creators from solo YouTubers to small video production teams, the Deity Connect Timecode Kit is a camera-mountable wireless system featuring timecode support and simultaneous recording and transmission capabilities. The versatile system consists of two compact, metal transceiver units that are able to record audio to microSD cards—providing backup recordings and eliminating the problem of lost takes due to wireless interference.
The small, lightweight BP-TRX units easily attach to talent via belt clips and feature locking 3.5mm input connectors to accommodate the supplied omnidirectional lavalier microphones; foam windscreens and lapel clips are also included. Input gain is adjustable from -12 to +36 dB, while the Guard Rail analog limiter helps keep the signal from clipping and distorting if the source gets too loud—letting you place the recorder in the talent’s pocket without worrying about sudden level changes. Each unit can function as a portable audio recorder with files recorded at a 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution to a microSD card (available separately) with a maximum capacity of up to 128GB.
When used as a digital wireless system, the unit acting as the transmitter can record a backup audio file at the same time, giving you a clean option if interference occurs during the wireless transmission. The Deity Connect operates in the 2.4 GHz spectrum and provides a maximum range of 328′. The receiving unit can be camera-mounted via a 1/4″-20 thread beneath the removable belt clip. To record, connect the locking 3.5mm output to your camera’s 3.5mm input using the included coiled cable.
The transceiver design allows for a wide variety of uses, including IEM and camera-hopping applications, as the unit can pair with up to four BP-TRX receivers at once. What’s more, it enables remote control over input levels, low-cut filter settings, high-frequency boost options, and RF output adjustments—all from the receiver. You can even remotely engage the record function on the transmitter without stopping a take, ensuring the action is uninterrupted.
The onboard SMPTE timecode generator also outputs to the 3.5mm connector, allowing you to use it as a master clock and jam-sync the other BP-TRX unit or any other devices that support timecode. The unit jam-syncs to incoming code via the same locking 3.5mm input used for the microphone. A timecode sync and audio cable is included that lets you record both signals to an external device.
Power is supplied by a built-in rechargeable battery, allowing the BP-TRX to operate for up to 12 hours when used in transmitter or receiver modes, up to 21 hours in record mode, and up to 25 hours as a timecode-only box. The USB Type-C charging port also functions as a stereo audio interface for Mac and Windows computers. Charging cables and removable antennas are included.
Two Compact Audio Recorder/Transceivers with Lav Mics & Input Limiting
- Each BP-TRX records 24-bit / 48 kHz audio to a microSD with a capacity of up to 128GB (available separately)
- Two omnidirectional lavalier microphones are included with foam windscreens and lapel clips
- Sennheiser-standard locking 3.5mm TRS input for compatibility with popular lavalier microphones such as the Sanken COS-11D, DPA CORE Series, Sennheiser ME 2-II, Deity W.Lav Pro, and others
- Accepts mic- or line-level signals
- Guard Rail analog limiter reduces clipping and overloads at the input stage
- Selectable stereo line-level input mode
- -12 to +36 dB input adjustment
- Compact size with durable brushed-aluminium housing for durability
- Removable belt clip with 1/4″-20 thread underneath for camera mounting when used as a receiver
- Daylight-bright, high-resolution OLED screen shows statuses of all major features and real-time VU metering on the home screen
- Off / 20 / 200 Hz low-cut filter settings
- Off / +1dB to +10dB high-frequency boost at 7 kHz for added clarity and presence
- Screen and button lock to avoid accidents
2.4 GHz Digital Wireless System with Simultaneous Back-Up Recording
- Use as camera-mountable wireless microphone system with a maximum range of 328′
- The Transmitter unit is able to simultaneously record backup audio to microSD card in case of interference
- Remote control of many transmitter functions from BP-TRX receiver unit, including backup recording
- Pair with up to four BP-TRX units as receivers for camera-hop or IEM applications
- Proprietary encryption for secure transmission
- Internal antenna and a removable external antenna with SMA connector to ensure reliable wireless performance
- Auto/manual RF power output adjustment from 10 to 100mW
- Automatic RF power mode increases battery life by never using more power than the system needs
- Adjustable output level from -45 dB to +24 dB for compatibility with a wide range of cameras
- Assignable unique user ID
- Record function available when wireless operation is impractical
Timecode Input and Output for Video Creators
- Timecode support makes it easy to sync sound and video
- Sync multiple devices to the BP-TRX’s timecode generator via the 3.5mm output
- Jam-sync to incoming timecode via the 3.5mm mic input
- Timecode frame rates: 23.976ND, 24ND, 25ND, 29.97ND, 29.97D, 30ND, 30D
- With its 0.2ppm accuracy, the BP-TRX will only drift 1 frame every 24 hours
- Frames-per-second metadata added to audio file
- Timecode Run-Keeper: When using Timecode Free Run, this feature keeps accurate timecode for 6 hours even after the unit is powered off
- When recording is done, simply drop the synced audio and video into your editing system for postproduction