- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- DCI/UHD 4K at 60 fps, Full HD at 240 fps
- 425-Point Hybrid AF System
- 3.69m-Dot 0.75x OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.62m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- ISO 160-12800, up to 15-fps Shooting
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Film Simulation Modes
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 85mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- One Double-Sided Aspherical Element
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Super EBC Coating
- Internal Focusing Mechanism
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Addressing the needs of multimedia image-makers, the black FUJIFILM X-T4 is a versatile mirrorless camera that blends advanced stills and video capabilities along with enhanced workflow and assistive functionality. Utilizing a proven and well-regarded APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, the X-T4 is capable of the high-resolution recording along with support for DCI/UHD 4K video at 60 fps, Full HD recording up to 240 fps, sensitivity from ISO 160-12800, and continuous shooting up to 15 fps with the mechanical shutter. The BSI design of the sensor affords reduced noise and greater overall clarity and is paired with the X-Processor 4 to achieve fast performance and improved responsiveness. The sensor’s design also enables a hybrid autofocus system that combines 425 phase-detection points with a contrast-detection system for quick and accurate AF performance. Additionally, complementing all aspects of image production, the X-T4 also incorporates a 6.5 stop-effective sensor-shift image stabilization system to reduce the appearance of camera shake with almost any mounted lens.
Beyond the sensor and processor capabilities, FUJIFILM’s cameras are also beloved for their physical design, and the X-T4 has an updated design for improved handling and shooting efficiency. A large, bright 3.69m-dot electronic viewfinder can be set to a 100 fps refresh rate for notable smoothness when panning or tracking subjects. Conversely, the rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD now features a vari-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles; or it can be closed against the body if just working with the EVF. Dual SD UHS-II memory card slots offer file-saving flexibility and the X-T4 supports the updated, high capacity NP-W235 battery that provides approximately 600 shots per charge. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless remote camera control and image sharing to a mobile device.
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
The sensor’s design also includes an expanded phase-detection autofocus system, which has 425 selectable points that cover nearly the entire sensor area. This AF system delivers faster, more accurate focusing performance in a variety of lighting conditions down to -6 EV. Complementing the imaging and focusing capabilities, an updated X-Processor 4 is also featured, which has a quad-core CPU and delivers faster, more responsive performance throughout the camera system, including a full-resolution 15 fps shooting rate with the mechanical shutter, 20 fps rate with an electronic shutter, or a 30 fps rate with an electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop.
In-Body Image Stabilization
UHD and DCI 4K Video Recording
In addition to the supported 10-bit colour depth, the X-T4 also includes the F-Log gamma setting, which provides a flat picture for use in advanced colour grading software during editing. This maximizes the potential dynamic range in difficult scenes and image adjustments can be made, as well, to highlight tone, shadow tone, colour, and sharpness.
Also, the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack and 2.5mm remote port with included headphone adapter for more advanced audio solutions.
- Bright, high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 0.75x magnification and the EVF’s refresh rate can be pushed to 100 fps to reduce lag for smoother panning and tracking movements.
- Vari-angle 3.0″ 1.62m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive operation and playback, and the articulating design greatly benefits working from high and low shooting angles. This vari-angle design also means you can close the screen against the camera body, hiding it from view for distraction-free shooting.
- The top plate incorporates a series of locking dials and levers for fast, intuitive control over exposure settings, including dedicated shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation dials that offer direct settings adjustment, even when the camera is off. This exposure compensation dial also has a C position to afford an expanded +/- 5 EV range when working with the command dials.
- Front and rear command dials integrate a push function for easier use and settings selection.
- The rear joystick is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback.
- The redeveloped mechanical shutter has improved durability and is rated for 300,000 actuation.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allow for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or using the device to remotely control the camera.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support up to the UHS-II standard for fast and flexible file storage.
- Included NP-W235 battery provides approximately 600 frames per charge when working with the EVF.
Film Simulation Modes
- Taking advantage of FUJIFILM’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-T4 integrates several Film Simulation modes, which mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM’s classic film types:
- Provia: The standard contrast and normal saturation colour transparency film
- Velvia: High contrast, high colour saturation, and vivid colour transparency film
- Astia: Subdued contrast and colour saturation with a look that is ideal for portraits
- Classic Chrome: Delivers muted tones and deep colour reproduction, similar to a dated slide film
- Classic Neg: Muted contrast but vibrant colours with a vintage film feel
- PRO Neg—Available with both Hi and Std. contrast options, this mimics the punchy-but-natural feeling of their professional-grade colour negative film
- Eterna: For a cinematic look, this provides a flat colour, low saturation look well-suited to post-production colour grading
- Eterna Bleach Bypass: Refines the standard Eterna look with a higher key, higher contrast feeling while maintaining the overall desaturated look
- Acros: Based on the popular B&W film, this monochrome mode has a distinct tonality and graininess and can be used along with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter effects
- B&W: Straightforward and classic black and white effect with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter options
- Sepia: Everyone’s favourite old-timey look mimicking the popular alternative process
- In addition to simulating specific film types, a Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing. Color Chrome and Color Chrome Blue effects are also available to deepen the colour, tonal response, and gradation with higher saturation colours.
Perfect for portraiture, the XF 56mm f/1.2 R from FUJIFILM is an 85mm-equivalent prime distinguished by its exceedingly fast f/1.2 maximum aperture for isolating subjects and working in low-light conditions. The optical design employs both aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce a variety of aberrations, colour fringing, and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness and clarity. A Super EBC coating is used, too, to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour accuracy in bright and backlit conditions. Additionally, this lens also features an internal focusing mechanism for quick focusing performance along with a rounded seven-blade diaphragm to produce a pleasing bokeh quality.