Bright and versatile, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S from Nikon is a workhorse standard zoom, covering wide-angle to portrait-length fields of view. Characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, this lens is suitable for working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus. Complementing the optical design, this lens is also distinct in its physical build. A top information panel can be used to quickly confirm aperture and focus settings and an assignable L.Fn button permits making exposure and settings adjustments via the lens. Additionally, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- Standard zoom covers a wide-angle to portrait-length range and is designed for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and using selective focus techniques.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Integrated lens information panel allows you to quickly confirm aperture setting, focus distance, and depth of field figures right on the lens.
- Assignable L.Fn button works in conjunction with camera-based Fn buttons to provide a seamless point for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.