Engineered for detailed long-range observation, the black Nikon 12×50 ProStaff 5 Binoculars give users the ability to make positive identification of large game animals, read buoys, or spot obstacles at great distances. Their 12x magnification draws distant objects in for better viewing, while the large 50mm objectives offset the dimming that can occur with high magnification and boost the light-gathering ability to improve views in the early morning and late evening or in foggy and cloudy weather. With the combination of objective lens size, optical coatings, and comfortable eye relief, users can enjoy bright and clear views in most lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that make these binoculars durable and comfortable to use. They have a lightweight, reinforced polycarbonate resin chassis that helps to reduce the weight despite the large objectives, and is protected by black rubberized armor. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible, as well as resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature variations and environmental conditions. A tethered one-piece ocular rainguard covers the eyecups as the binoculars hang around the neck and prevents rain and spraying water from filling them, and the objective lens caps can clip onto the neck strap to keep them safe from blowing overboard or being lost on the forest floor.
From the boat to the blind to the range, these ProStaff binoculars will quickly become your go-to binoculars for your all-weather observing needs.
- Powerful 12x magnification makes this an ideal optic for long-range observation
- Large 50mm objective lens diameter draws in more light than smaller models to help offset the dimming of the view that is common when using high-power optics, especially in challenging light
- Roof prism light path ensures optical tubes remain thin for a compact form factor
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics maximize light transmission across the entire visible spectrum for accurate color rendition and improved contrast and clarity
- 246′ field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip center focus wheel allows for precise focus control, even while wearing gloves
- Right eye dioptric adjustment collar helps to compensate for individual eye prescription
- Twist-up/click-stop rubber eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- 15.5mm eye relief helps to reduce eyestrain and improves viewing comfort
- 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils in low light to help keep the full scene in view
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead or arsenic
- Lightweight and durable fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, preventing the expansion and contraction that is common with metal, which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time and prevent sharp focus
- Textured protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold and wet weather
- Indents on the sides of the optical tubes are ergonomically placed where the hands naturally fall for a more comfortable feel in the hand and a more secure grip
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups from water pooling in them from rain or spraying water when hanging from the neck
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions