- 24.2MP Full-Frame MOS Sensor
- Up to 5.9K H.264/H.265/HEVC Recording
- 14+ Stops of Dynamic Range, HLG Imaging
- Dual-Native ISO, VariCam Look & V-Log L
- VFR up to 60 in 4K, up to 180 fps in FHD
- Ethernet with PoE+, VBR Battery Mount
- Anamorphic Video & 3D LUT Support
- Durable Magnesium & Aluminum Body
- 12 VDC Power Adapter Included
Compact and suitable for cine drones, remote setups, and expandable for cine work as well as multi-camera broadcast work, the Panasonic Lumix BS1H Box Cinema Camera is a modular digital cinema camera with a small form-factor that bellies its full-frame sensor. It features a 24.2MP sensor, a Leica L lens mount, and a wide 14+-stop dynamic range to accommodate extreme lighting changes when recording in V-Log. It records video with resolutions up to 5.9K as well as C4K (4096 x 2160) and UHD4K, and it incorporates VariCam Look workflows.
The camera features dual-native ISO using its Venus Engine, anamorphic support, advanced AF (autofocus), numerous remote and power options and supports HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) colour for vivid imagery to aid professional colour grading. There are many features packed into this tiny camera that make it the go-to production camera in any mobile and multi-camera production environment.
The BS1H provides multiple ways to record your footage to high data rate files in the ALL-Intra, LongGOP, MOV, and MP4 recording formats with H.264 and H.265/HEVC codecs. The camera supports unlimited recording time and allows you to record 10-bit 4:2:2 video using the camera’s dual SD card slots. It can output up to 4K via the HDMI 2.0 output, or you can output up to 1080p resolution via SDI. The camera allows you to output via HDMI and SDI simultaneously, so you can use one signal for monitoring and the other for recording. It also supports recording at variable frame rates for high-quality, slow-motion video. Custom 3D LUTs can be uploaded into the camera, using the SD card slots.
The BS1H is also an ideal camera for multi-camera environments, not only because it’s highly mobile, but it includes timecode and genlock BNC ports, so you can sync it with other cameras to make syncing in postproduction easy. Its RJ45 Gigabit LAN port allows you to sync with other networked BS1H cameras, manage the camera settings and functions, and even perform direct IP streaming with a future firmware update. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functionality are also integrated for monitoring, configuration, and control via a smartphone or tablet, using the LUMIX Sync app. Another function integrated into the BS1H is a USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C input to control the camera with the LUMIX Tether app, which allows you to capture still images and control up to 12 BS1H cameras. Audio features include a high-grade 48 kHz/24-bit LPCM format, an integrated stereo microphone, a 3.5mm mic/line-level input, and a 3.5mm headphone output. The optional DMW-XLR1 XLR adapter can be utilized, using the camera’s integrated hot shoe, allowing you to record with professional microphones.
Its compact body measures less than 4″ square and weighs only 1.3 lb, so it can be used on gimbals or drones for high-quality, stabilized footage. Its internal fan keeps the camera cool during long shoots, and it’s aluminium and magnesium housing provides protection and adds to the cooling factor. It also features 9 x accessory mounting threads for mounting onto a plate, cage, or tripod mount. There are four user-programmable function buttons around the housing as well as tally lights on the front and rear. You can power the BS1H using the included power adapter, with a separately available high-capacity VBR-type battery using its integrated mount, or by using PoE+ (Power-over-Ethernet) via the LAN port with compatible PoE equipment.
Sensor and Processing Engine
- 24.2 MP sensor with a low-pass filter
- Dual native ISO 100-51200 and 50 to 204,800
- 10-bit C4K/4K 59.94/50 video (35mm)
- 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording
- VFR C4K/4K, 2 to 60 fps, FHD 2-180 fps
- 14+ stops of dynamic range with V-Log and V-Gamut
- Compatible with the “Cinema VariCam Look”
- Supports LUT files
- LUT-applied images viewable on SDI and HDMI outputs
- Supports 6K, 5.9K, 5.4K, C4K, and 4K in full-frame mode
- Supports C4K, 4K, Anamorphic 4K (4:3 aspect ratio), and FHD in S35mm mode
Recording and Output
- The camera records internally at 4:2:2 10-Bit/8-bit as well as 4:2:0 10-bit/8-bit to dual UHS-II SD card slots that support cards with speed ratings up to V90
- The camera outputs Blackmagic RAW or ProRes RAW via the HDMI port for external monitoring and/or recording
- You can simultaneously output RAW over HDMI and video over SDI
- You can record internally, while simultaneously outputting FHD over SDI and up to 4K over HDMI
- Using the LUMIX Tether app version 1.1 or higher or LUMIX sync, you can record internally, output over both HDMI and SDI, and output via wired LAN or Wi-Fi
Supports Genlock and Timecode
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Frame Indicator (red outline surrounds frame indicating the camera is recording)
- Frame Marker
- Vertical Position Information
- Streaming Blue Frame Indicator
- Aspect Ratio masks
- Face/Eye recognition for focus tracking
- Low Light AF supports images with exposure levels down to -6EV