Covering a versatile and popular range of focal lengths, the Lumix S PRO 70-200mm f/4 O.I.S. from Panasonic is an L-mount telephoto zoom featuring an f/4 constant maximum aperture. A sophisticated optical design is employed, which incorporates a series of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements, to control a variety of aberrations, color fringing, and distortion for sharp, clear, well-corrected imagery throughout the zoom range. Complementing the optics is a unique double focus system, which utilizes both a linear motor and a stepping motor, to provide especially fast and precise focusing performance. Additionally, an Optical Image Stabilizer reduces the effects of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting and the lens sports a weather-sealed design for use in harsh conditions.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range.
- One aspherical element and one ultra-high refractive index element help to minimize distortions and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- One ultra extra-low dispersion element and three extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to produce a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- A double focus system employs both a linear motor and a stepping motor to deliver impressively fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance.
- Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting, and also supports the Dual I.S. and Dual I.S. 2.0 functions for increased stabilization performance.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions down to -14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.