Pentax HD PENTAX D FA 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW Lens
- K-Mount Lens/Full Frame Format
- 105-300mm (35mm Equivalent on APS-C)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Extra-Low Dispersion Glass Elements
- HD, SP, and Aero Bright Coatings
- Direct Current AF and Quick-Shift Focus
- Focus Range Limiter
- Weather-Resistant with 13 Seals
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Pairing a versatile zoom range with a fast, constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, the HD PENTAX D FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW Lens is a telephoto zoom designed for Pentax K-mount DSLRs. Offering a 105-300mm-equivalent focal length range with APS-C cameras, this lens is particularly well-suited to sports, landscape, and wildlife uses, especially when working in trying light conditions. Extra-low dispersion glass elements have been incorporated within the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions, as well as produce a high degree of sharpness from edge-to-edge. HD and Aero Bright coatings have also been applied to lens elements to reduce reflections and flare and a Super Protect coating also helps to shield the front and rear elements from dust, water, and oils. Further enabling its use in difficult conditions, this 70-200mm f/2.8 also features a weather-resistant construction with 13 separate seals to block moisture and dust from entering the lens.
In regard to focusing, a DC autofocus motor realizes fast and quiet performance and is accentuated by the Quick-Shift Focus System for changing between AF and MF control by simply turning the focusing ring. Additionally, a removable, rotating tripod collar is included with the lens for more even balance when shooting atop a tripod.
- One of the most versatile zoom ranges, this 70-200mm lens provides a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range when used with Pentax APS-C DSLRs.
- A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture delivers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and is particularly beneficial to creating shallow depth of field imagery.
- Extra-low dispersion glass elements are incorporated within the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and produce high image clarity with edge-to-edge sharpness.
- High Definition (HD) and Aero Bright coatings have been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting in order to deliver greater contrast and color fidelity. Additionally, a Super Protect (SP) coating also helps to protect the surface of exposed elements from fingerprints, water, dust, and oils and also makes the front and rear elements easier to clean.
- A Direct Current (DC) autofocus motor benefits from an internal focusing design and delivers fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance.
- The Quick-Shift Focus System allows you to first use autofocus to acquire general focus on a subject, then instantly refine your focus position manually without the need for an AF/MF selector.
- A focus range limiter allows you to constrain the lens’ focus range between different sets of distances for faster performance and greater responsiveness.
- The weather-resistant construction utilizes 13 distinct seals to prevent moisture or dust from entering the lens.
- A removable, rotating tripod collar is included with the lens for better balance when shooting atop a tripod.