- Pentax K Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 24.5-130mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/38
- One ED and Three Aspherical Elements
- HD and SP Lens Coatings
- Quick-Shift Focus Control
- DC Autofocus Motor
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- The 24.5-130mm-equivalent focal length range covers wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives, and is well-suited to use in a variety of conditions.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element and three aspherical elements are employed to control chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- An HD coating has been applied to optimize light transmission, improve contrast, and reduce surface reflections.
- The front and rear elements feature an additional SP coating for protection against smudging, fingerprints, dust, and other elements.
- Quick-Shift focusing system permits fast changing between auto and manual focusing modes, with the ability to manually override the focus position at any point. Additionally, the DC autofocus motor also provides quick, smooth, and quiet performance to benefit both still and movie capture.
A versatile wide-angle to telephoto zoom for Pentax DSLRs, the HD PENTAX DA 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR Lens offers a 24.5-130mm-equivalent focal length to benefit working in a wide variety of shooting situations. One extra-low dispersion glass element and three aspherical elements have been incorporated within the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range and an HD (High-Definition) coating has been applied to maintain light transmission and reduce surface reflections. Additionally, an SP (Super Protect) coating has also been applied to the front and rear lens surfaces and an overall weather-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in a wide array of working conditions.
With regard to handling, a Quick-Shift focusing system enables switching between autofocus and manual focus modes quickly and intuitively by simply rotating the focus ring at any time. The lens is able to achieve minimum focusing distance of 1.15′ along with a maximum magnification of 0.26x. Additionally, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm renders a smooth out-of-focus quality when employing selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.