- K Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 76.5-207mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- smc and Super Protect Coatings
- SDM Autofocus Motor
- Quick Shift Focus System
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
The smc PENTAX-DA* 50-135mm f/2.8 ED (IF) SDM Lens from Pentax is a telephoto zoom designed for APS-C-format K mount DSLRs, where it will provide a 76.5-207mm equivalent focal length range. Three extra-low dispersion elements are incorporated within the optical design, which help to reduce chromatic aberrations and improve clarity and sharpness. Benefitting handling, the constant f/2.8 maximum aperture ensures consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also enables working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques. This lens also features an SDM autofocus motor that provides quick, near silent focusing performance and a Quick Shift Focus System for instantly switching between manual and autofocus operation.
This lens is treated with an smc coating for maintained light transmission, high contrast, and color-neutral imagery. Additionally, an SP (Super Protective) coating has also been applied to the front surface of the lens to repel oils and water, and the lens’ design itself is also weather-resistant to better support working in trying conditions.
- This telephoto zoom is designed for use with K mount APS-C DSLR cameras where it will provide a 76.5-207mm equivalent focal length range.
- Incorporates three extra-low dispersion elements to compensate for chromatic aberrations and distortions.
- DA*-series lenses feature tightly sealed, weather-resistant and dust-resistant construction that enhance durability for use in rain or dusty conditions.
- The Supersonic Drive Motor (SDM) helps to achieve fast, precise, and smooth focusing performance to benefit working with a variety of subject types.
- Quick-Shift Focus System allows to instantly switch the focus mode from AF to manual with a slight twist of the focus ring.
- SP (Super Protective) coating has been applied to the front surface of the lens to offer excellent water- and oil-repellent performance.
- Nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce smooth out-of-focus highlights when using shallow depth of field techniques