The 64GB SF-G Tough Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card from Sony features a storage capacity of 64GB and takes advantage of the UHS-II bus to support advanced DSLR functions such as continuous shutter bursts and rapid shooting, as well as RAW and JPEG captures. This card is also well-suited for video capture, including 8K, 4K XAVC S, 60p AVCHD, 3D, HFR, and Full HD video, and can achieve maximum read speeds of up to 300 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 299 MB/s. Thanks to its V90 speed class rating, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 90 MB/s.
To help facilitate card usage in almost any environment, as well as keeping your content safe, Sony has built the Tough Series with a rugged design that can withstand drops up to 16.4′ / 5m, immersion in up to 16.4′ / 5m of water for up to 72 hours, and is bend, dust, X-ray, magnet, and anti-static proof, and resistant to UV light and temperature extremes from -13 to 185°F. The Tough Series is also up to 18 times stronger than standard SD media (180N compared to 10N) and features a one-piece molded construction that is ribless with no write protect switch, helping to further guard against physical damage that can affect SD cards, such as a broken plastic casing, a broken data protection lock, and broken connector ribs. Should the card’s data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download File Rescue software for free to help recover deleted content.
UHS-II media achieves its speed through an extra row of pins and while this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-II / V90 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-II / V90. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device’s speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-II and V60, which supports minimum write speeds of 60 MB/s, UHS-II and V30, which supports minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s, or UHS-I and U3, which also supports minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support U3, this card is compatible with the U1 and Class 10 standards, each of which guarantees minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
- Tough Specs
- A monolithic construction with strong materials has resulted in a high level of bend strength that is 18 times greater than the SD standard. This design helps eliminate the risk of physical damage and protects the data recorded onto the card.
- Ribless, No Write Protection Switch Design
- With its ribless design that has no write protect switch, Sony has removed easy-to-break parts to enhance reliability.
- Fast File Transfers
- This card features read speeds of up to 300 MB/s and write speeds of up to 200 MB/s, with a minimum write speed of 90 MB/s for 8K and 4K video recording, plus continuous burst mode shooting.
- Waterproof (IPX8) and Dustproof (IP6X)
- Completely sealed with a monolithic structure, this card is waterproof (compliant to IPX8), meaning that recorded data is undamaged, even if the card is submerged in 16.4′ / 5m of water for up to 72 hours. It is also dustproof (IP6X compliant) and resistant to X-rays (ISO7816-1).
- Backward Compatible with UHS-I
- While its highest performance is obtained using a UHS-II compatible camera, users can also use these cards in UHS-I compatible equipment, with read speeds of up to 95 MB/s and write speeds of up to 90 MB/s.
- File Rescue Downloadable Software
- File Rescue software recovers files in XAVC S format taken by Sony digital imaging devices, including to 4K raw image and MOV files, plus the Sony/Nikon DSLR AVCHD format up to Full HD 60p, and other types of files.
- High Reliability
- Protective features include water, dust, X-ray, magnet, and anti-static proofing, as well as UV Guard.
- SD Scan Utility
- SD Scan Utility helps you check the condition of your SD memory card. By scanning the flash memory, it tells you whether your SD memory card is working in good condition or if it is about to reach its limit.