- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- 1:2 Magnification, 9.8″ Min. Focus
- Rapid Zoom Ring
- Zoom Lock Switch
- VXD eXtreme-Torque Drive Linear AF Motor
- Focus Limiter Function
- VC Image Stabilization
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- 67mm Front Filter Size
- Connector Port for Tamron Lens Utility
A sleek and versatile ultra-telephoto zoom lens, the Tamron 50-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III VC VXD for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras is an ideal choice for photographing landscapes, wildlife, sports, portraiture, and more. Featuring an 8x zoom ratio that begins at 50mm, this remarkably compact and portable lens offers a length of just 7.2″ making it the same size as conventional 100-400mm zoom lenses.
Autofocus and Vibration Compensation
The VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism delivers fast, quiet, and precise autofocus.
VC (Vibration Compensation) system reduces camera shake and facilitates shooting at longer focal lengths and slower shutter speeds.
Updatable for Modern Times
Intuitive Handling and Design
- The rapid zoom ring and zoom lock switch.
- Compatibility with many camera-specific features and functions, including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
- Moisture-resistant design and fluorine coating to effectively repel dust, water droplets, fingerprints, and dirt.
- 67mm front filter size, the same as most other TAMRON mirrorless lenses, provides greater convenience when using multiple lenses together.
- Optional Arca-type accessory tripod mounts for ease of use when using a tripod.