- Fast 40mm f/2.0 Prime Lens
- For Nikon Full Frame DSLRs and SLR's
- 60mm Equivalent for DX and APS-C
- Superb Optics and Precise Manual Focus
- Auto Metering and Exposure Compatibility
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Includes Dedicated Close-up Lens
- Includes 52-39mm Adapter
- Adapter Also Serves as Lens Hood
The 40mm f/2.0 Ultron SL II Aspherical Lens for Nikon from Voigtlander is an ultra-sharp manual focus lens for use on Nikon full frame DSLRs and SLRs. When mounted on a camera with an APS-C size sensor the focal length translates to 60mm. The lens' manual focus action is very smooth and precise and its aspherical, multi-coated optics create sharp images with minimal aberration. Metering and exposure information is passed between lens and camera thanks to the lens' CPU which provides auto-functions with virtually every compatible Nikon 35mm and digital SLR.
Included with the 40mm F/2.0 Ultron is a close-up (macro) conversion lens that offers a minimum focus distance of 9.85″ (25 cm). The close-up lens is attached via a 52-39mm adapter. In addition to attaching the close-up lens, the adapter allows the attachment of 39mm filters and serves as a lens hood to deflect unwanted light and protect the lens.
- 40mm provides ideal 'normal' focal length and welcomed alternative to more common 35mm and 50mm lenses
- Smooth and precise manual focusing in a compact, well-designed, classic form
- Multicoated lenses with 2 aspherical elements create very sharp images with minimal aberration.
- CPU contacts communicate exposure and metering information to camera for auto exposure, shutter speed, ISO and flash applications.
- Included close-up lens offers macro shooting with 9.85″ (25 cm) minimum focus distance.
- 39-52mm adapter attaches close-up lens and optional 39mm filters and provides glare reduction and protection for lens.