- Voigtlander M Mount Lens
- Fits Sony E-Mount with VM to E Adapter
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- 19.7″ Close Focus with Sony E Adapter
- Collapsible Design for Compact Form
- Manual Focus
- Solid Metal Build
- Includes Lens Hood and Dome
The VM 40mm f/2.8 Heliar Lens for Sony E-Mount from Voigtlander is an M mount lens however it is designed to work as a close focus lens with full frame and APS-C Sony E-mount cameras in conjunction with the separately sold Voigtlander VM-E Close Focus Adapter for VM-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount Camera. The lens itself does not have a focusing helicoid so cannot be focused without the adapter and with the adapter it provides a minimum focus distance of 19.7″.
The lens itself has a collapsible design which maintains the compact form of Sony E-mount cameras. When collapsed, the lens measures a 0.5″ and when extended for shooting it is 0.84″ long. An all-metal build provides a solid feel and durability to this manual focus lens. Its optical design includes 5 elements in 3 groups and a 10-blade diaphragm. Its filter thread has a 37mm diameter and included with the lens is a dome and dedicated lens hood.
- VM mount lens designed for Sony E mount lenses in conjunction with the VM to E-Mount Close-Up Adapter.
- A 40mm focal length on full frame cameras provides versatile approach between wide-angle and standard length perspectives. On an APS-C camera it offers a 35mm focal length equivalent of 60mm.
- A collapsible design reduces the length of the lens to 0.5″ when not in use.
- An all-metal build and compact design provide durability and smooth, precise manual focus.