- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 4K60p 10-Bit Internal Video, C-Log 3
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- 2.36m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.62m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- 40 fps Electronic Shutter
- Microphone Input, Headphone Output
- Multi-Function Shoe, UVC Livestreaming
- RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
Pairing the well-rounded camera with a versatile zoom, the Canon EOS R8 Mirrorless Camera with RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens combines the full-frame mirrorless body with the RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens.
A lightweight, travel-friendly, full-frame camera body, the Canon EOS R8 Mirrorless Camera offers powerful photo and video capabilities for both photographers and multimedia content creators. Utilizing a newly developed sensor also found in the EOS R6 Mark II, the R8 features a 24.2MP CMOS sensor paired with a DIGIC X processor. Together, this combination provides outstanding stills performance, impressive 4K 60p 10-bit video, and fast autofocus.
Providing high-resolution eye-level viewing, the R8 is designed with a bright and clear 2.36m-dot OLED EVF for a pleasing electronic viewfinder experience. The EVF supports up to a 120 fps refresh rate and has been designed to provide a bright, sharp, and colorful 100% view of the subject at hand.
Additionally, a large 3.0″ 1.62m-dot vari-angle touchscreen makes it easy to compose and shoot from virtually any angle. With touch and drag functionality, you can intuitively and swiftly move the autofocus point on the touch-panel LCD.
- Wired and wireless connectivity options allow for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, live streaming, as well as for remotely controlling the camera. Physically, the camera features a remote port, a USB-C port, a micro-HDMI port, a microphone input, and a headphone jack for monitoring sound.
- Built-in Bluetooth pairing lets you easily connect the camera to compatible smart devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app. This low-energy wireless connection helps preserve battery life while providing remote control of the camera. It also sends continuously updated GPS location data from your phone, letting you geotag what you’ve captured so you know precisely where you captured the photo.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables wireless functions, such as remote live view, file viewing, and transfer, by connecting to Wi-Fi quickly and seamlessly. Using the Canon Camera Connect app, you can also transfer files to your mobile device to browse and share on social media.
- Built-in USB-C allows you to connect the camera to a smartphone or computer. All Canon Camera Connect app features that can be used with Wi-Fi are now available when the camera and smartphone are connected via USB, using a compatible cable for your device.
Featuring a lightweight and compact design, the RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens is a versatile standard zoom covering wide-angle to normal-view focal lengths. Designed for everyday use and an excellent choice for vlogging and content creation, this lens is well-suited for landscapes, cityscapes, street scenes, portraits, products, and more. An STM stepping AF motor produces fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance to support both stills and video recording, and an Optical Image Stabilizer compensates for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake to better enable taking sharp handheld photos in difficult lighting conditions.
- Standard wide-angle to a telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology compensates for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake to better enable taking sharp handheld photos in difficult lighting conditions. When paired with EOS R-series cameras featuring an In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS), up to 7 stops of shake correction are provided.
- Incorporates a focus control ring on the lens barrel that can directly adjust numerous settings including shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation, and more. Located towards the front of the lens, this ring effectively adds a third dial to the camera’s main dial and quick control dial.
- Two aspheric elements and a Super Spectra Coating minimize ghosting and flare.
- Minimum focusing distance of 11.8″ for working with close-up subjects.
- The compact and lightweight lens weighs just 7.4 oz.