This AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a DX-formatted medium telephoto macro lens capable of extreme close-up and general telephoto photography, including portraiture. The lens will autofocus from infinity to 11.3″, producing life-size (1:1) macro images. As a DX format lens, it compatible with DX format DSLRs or FX format cameras in DX mode. Its 35mm focal length equivalence is 127.5mm.
Nikon 85mm f/3.5G AF-S DX Micro ED VR Lens
- F Mount Lens/DX Format
- 127.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/32
- 1:1 Macro Capability
- 1 ED Element; Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus; Manual Focus Override
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.3″
The lens also features Nikon’s VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization, which allows handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images. This is ideal for macro close-up work as well as for enabling sharp telephoto work in low light. Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor autofocus technology enables fast, smooth and near silent AF action which is supported even when shooting macro and very important in video mode. The internal focus system also promotes faster focus and maintains a compact form without an extending or rotating front element. Finally, the M/A focusing mode enables fast focus mode switches and manual focus override.
This versatile prime lens includes one extra-low dispersion element to control chromatic aberrations and Nikon’s Super Integrated lens coating enhances light transmission reducing flare and ghosting.
- A DX format prime telephoto lens with 1:1 macro capability
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization, engineered specifically for each VR Nikkor lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, reducing the blur caused by camera shake
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) element offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide aperture settings
- Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- An Internal Focus (IF)system provides fast autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance throughout the focus range
- The M/A Focus Mode Switch enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements