A long-reaching super telephoto for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO from Olympus is a 600mm equivalent lens that balances refined optics with a hand-holdable design. Super ED, E-HR, and HR glass elements are combined to control both chromatic and spherical aberrations to provide a high degree of clarity and sharpness, and a Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual elements to suppress lens flare and ghosting for high contrast, color-accurate imaging.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Lens
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 600mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Three Super ED Elements
- Three HR Elements, One E-HR Element
- Z Coating Nano
- MSC AF System, Manual Focus Clutch
- Optical Image Stabilization, Sync IS
- Programmable L-Fn Function Button
- Weather-Resistant Construction
Complementing the optical attributes, this lens is also characterized by its optical image stabilization system, which can be used in conjunction with camera-based sensor-shift IS to realize a six-stop effective reduction in the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system is also employed to realize quick and quiet focusing performance, and a manual focus clutch enables seamless switching between focusing methods for more intuitive use. The lens is also fitted with a removable rotating tripod collar for improved balance and support, and the lens is weather-sealed to guard against dust, moisture, and freezing temperatures to benefit working in harsh climates.
- Super telephoto prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 600mm equivalent focal length.
- Three Super ED (extra-low dispersion) elements are used to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three high refractive index elements and one E-HR (extra-high refractive index) element help to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual elements to significantly reduce lens flare and ghosting to improve contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Lens-based image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to benefit shooting handheld with this lens in difficult lighting conditions. Additionally, this lens supports Synchronized IS, which pairs the optical IS system with select Olympus cameras’ 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization to control up to six stops of camera shake.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Dust, splash, and freezeproof construction incorporates 17 separate seals to ensure this lens’s performance in inclement conditions and harsh environments.
- Removable rotating tripod collar offers a stable platform for working with this lens atop a tripod or monopod. The included DR-79 Decoration Ring can also be used on the lens when shooting handheld to take the place of the removed tripod collar.
- Built-in retractable lens hood shields the front lens element to reduce surface reflections and flare.
- Compatible with the optional M.Zuiko Digital MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter to further extend the reach to a 840mm equivalent focal length.