- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 6K30p 4:2:0 10-Bit Video Recording
- C4K/4K60p 4:2:2 10-Bit Unlimited
- 3.68m-Dot 0.78x-Magnification OLED LVF
- 3.0″ 1.84m-Dot Tilt/Free-Angle Touch-LCD
- 779-Point Phase-Detection AF System
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- ISO 100-51200, up to 30 fps Shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Designed for pro content creators needing strong stills, sophisticated video options, and live streaming functionality, the second-generation Panasonic Lumix S5 IIX Mirrorless Camera is equipped with a host of new features to bring your vision to life. Benefitting from a new sensor design and an updated processing engine with L2 technology, the S5 IIX is the first Lumix camera to offer Phase Hybrid AF for fast and precise autofocusing performance. Making full use of the 24.2MP sensor and enhanced processor, this camera records 6K video for up to 30 minutes, while unlimited 4K video capture is available as well. Optimized for video, the S5 IIX is also equipped with a new Active I.S. system, which supports walking shots to further enhance image stabilization while recording video.
Unique to the advanced S5 IIX, this model comes pre-loaded with sophisticated video features benefitting the professional user. These include HDMI RAW video data output, USB-SSD recording, ALL-Intra recording, and ProRes recording. Livestreaming functionality is standard as well, and the S5 IIX offers Wireless IP streaming, USB tethering to smartphones, and Wired IP streaming. Additionally, this camera is the first Lumix camera to feature a refined and stealthy all-black design.
In addition to stills, the S5 IIX sports highly capable video recording assets. Full-frame 6K30p recording with 4:2:0 10-bit color can be captured for up to 30 minutes, while unlimited video recording is possible when filming in DCI and UHD 4K60p 4:2:2 10-bit mode. The camera supports 120p video capture for videographers who want to create a high-resolution slow-motion video, and RAW HDMI output is possible via an optional license upgrade. V-Log has been pre-installed on this camera and is used to capture a flat, neutral gamma curve and an equivalent 14+ stops of dynamic range provides precise control of color data in post-production, as well as seamless editing with footage shot with VariCam cameras.
Borrowing from Panasonic’s broadcast line of video cameras, Dual Native ISO helps to achieve a balanced combination of low noise and high sensitivity to better suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. Two dedicated circuits are provided for each pixel: a Low ISO circuit provides base sensitivities of ISO 100 for normal use, ISO 640 when V-Log is applied, ISO 400 when HLG is applied, and ISO 200 when Cinelike D2/V2 is applied; a Low Noise circuit provides base sensitivities of ISO 640 for normal use, ISO 4000 when V-Log is applied, ISO 2500 when HLG is applied, and ISO 1250 when Cinelike D2/V2 is applied.
- Offering enhanced performance and usability, the S5 IIX provides HDMI RAW video data output.
- For videographers who want to improve efficiency in data backup and post-processing, recording and playback are supported using an external SSD via USB. ALL-Intra recording and ProRes recording are also supported.
- Designed for modern users and content creators, the camera allows for Wireless IP streaming, USB tethering to smartphones, and Wired IP streaming.
- Used in conjunction with other members of the L-Mount Alliance, the L lens mount is a versatile interface with a mount diameter of 51.6mm and a flange distance of 20mm for working with a broad range of optics. Additionally, this camera allows for the use of all the classic and modern Anamorphic lenses that have been in use for over 60 years.
- A high-resolution 3.68m-dot OLED EVF offers a clear 0.78x magnification along with a smooth 60 fps or 120 fps changeable refresh rate.
- The large 3.0″ 1.84m-dot LCD is a bright, clear means for live view shooting as well as playback and menu navigation. The screen features a free-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles, and its touchscreen design affords intuitive settings control.
- An 8-direction joystick and easy-to-use menu design enable quick and efficient operation.
- A USB-C port allows for fast file transfers as well as high-speed in-camera battery charging. Additionally, a new full-size HDMI-A port benefits video applications, a 2.5mm port can be used with the optional DMW-RS2 Remote Shutter, and a 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks suit advanced audio recording needs.
- Dual SD memory card slots — both UHS-II-compatible — offer improved flexibility for image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording.
- An industry-first, the S5 II utilizes a built-in cooling fan to suppress the camera’s internal temperature for extended or unlimited recording.
- A robustly-built magnesium alloy body with dust and splash-resistant design accommodates working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
- First Lumix camera to feature a refined and stealthy all-black design.
- Real-time LUT enables colour grading to be done in the camera itself
- Live cropping allows in-frame panning and zooming while recording video
- In addition to conventional 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, and 16:9 ratios, photos can also be recorded in 65:24 and 2:1 panoramic formats
- Color Shading Compensation corrects the bluish/reddish coloration on the periphery that may occur when older lenses are mounted
- Compatible with Lumix Tether for remote photo and video shooting via USB
- 4-channel 48 kHz or 96 kHz 24-bit recording with optional DMW-XLR1 XLR microphone adapter
- In-camera USB PD battery charging with optional DMW-BTC15 Battery Charger