The design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors’ greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, colour casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. To provide a high level of neutrality across the visible and infrared spectrums to eliminate colour casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks, each glass surface includes one layer of ACCU-ND Vapor Deposition coating.
This Tokina 82mm PRO IRND 0.9 Filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as colour fidelity and features an aluminium-alloy filter ring.
- 0.9 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 3-stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control the depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect the colouration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters.
- Each glass surface includes one ACCU-ND Vapor Deposition coating to attenuate infrared light, as well as visible wavelengths, to maintain colour neutrality and suppress colour casts due to increased exposure times.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity.
- 82mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters.
- A padded pouch is included for storage and transport.