Like its predecessor, the H1n Handy Recorder from Zoom is an easy-to-use, versatile stereo digital audio recorder that fits into the palm of your hand. However, in this iteration, Zoom has incorporated several features to make operation even simpler.
Whereas the Zoom H1 featured a single record button on the front of the recorder and a whole array of buttons along the side designed for play/pause, rewind/fast forward, and diving into menus, the H1n features buttons where you can easily see them, on the front of the recorder. Now you can go from recording to pausing, and from stopping to navigating between tracks, all with your thumb. Also provided are four buttons above the record function that let you change the sample rate and resolution, apply a low-cut filter for mitigating rumble, turn the built-in limiter on and off, and enact auto-level, which automatically sets the gain for you.
The H1n is geared for musicians, journalists, podcasters, and more, recording WAV and MP3 files to meet your professional needs. The H1n has a stereo X/Y microphone configuration that captures a realistic stereo image. The unit records audio to microSD or microSDHC flash memory cards, supporting capacities up to 32GB. The H1n records WAV audio at rates up to 24-bit / 96 kHz, and MP3 audio at rates up to 320 kbps. The pocket-sized device runs on two AAA batteries, providing up to 10 hours of continuous operation.
A 3.5mm mic/line input lets you connect an external microphone or music player, while a 3.5mm headphone/line output lets you connect your favorite headphones or small external speakers. A high-speed USB 2.0 port allows you to easily transfer data to your Mac or Windows computer. The unit also functions as an audio interface, allowing you to record directly from the Zoom H1n to your favorite DAW. 2 AAA batteries are included.
- Compact Form Factor
- This tiny recorder slips easily into your pocket or bag for the ultimate in portability
- High-Quality Audio
- The recorder can record WAV (BWF) files at up to 24-bit/96 kHz or MP3 files up to 320 kbps and VBR. Broadcast Wave Format allows you to add track markers to your recording
- X/Y Stereo Mic Configuration
- The X/Y stereo microphone configuration captures crisp, true stereo recordings accurately and realistically
- microSD/SDHC Card Recording
- The H1n records to easily found microSD and microSDHC memory cards with capacities up to 32GB
- Easy to Use
- The simple interface provides 1-button recording and offers physical controls for playback functions, input and volume levels, low-cut filter, and auto-level control, eliminating the need for complicated menus
- Input/Output Options
- A standard 3.5mm mic/line input lets you connect external microphones and sound sources such as MP3 players, while a 3.5mm headphone/line output lets you connect headphones or small external speakers
- High-Speed USB 2.0
- A high-speed USB 2.0 port allows you to quickly transfer your audio files to your Mac or Windows computer
- Works as an Audio Interface
- The H1n works as a class-compliant interface with your computer, recording audio at 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rates and 16-bit resolution, straight to your DAW